Monday, May 25, 2009

I'd like to thank the academy



I can't believe it! I won something! And I can attribute it solely to my love of wine, nerdy fascination with viticulture (though I have a black thumb, myself), and my unnatural addiction to Twitter.

The next time somebody mocks me (I'm talking about you Carrie - and YOU Michael) for Tweeting while out and about, I will point to winning VinoVerve's contest as a sign that this is not a completely vapid past time.

I can even explain that the micro-blogging habit leads me to update this blog a couple of times per year. The others remain neglected today, of course, and though I haven't had my NY guy update my "professional" site in years (stupid Dreamweaver) I somehow still get writing assignments and voice work. (hmph!) At least the wine blog now has a recent entry so people know that I'm actually still alive.

And, it's all thanks to Twitter. So there.

1 comment:

Maman said...

I am not much better when it comes to the social networking. My kids are getting tired of hearing the little bird twittering when I am updating the Twitter feed on my phone. And these are teens who text constantly!

Thanks for visiting VV and congrats on the contest!