Monday, August 25, 2008

What I'm Drinking

I've settled in for a nice evening with a little of the Pied Violet 2003 Cabernet Sauvignon, a really garlicky salad with grilled chicken, and some 24 and hottie Jack Bauer. They're all surprisingly good together.

So, I'm bragging to my friend on the phone that I'm drinking the sold out Cab tonight, starting Season 4, and how delicious it all is and I look down and realize that I'd accidentally grabbed the Merlot from the wine basement.

Turns out the Merlot is even better with the salad - and the watermelon - and I'm actually quite grateful to learn this, because it's still available and I can continue to be uncharacteristically stingy with my last six bottles of the Cab.

The first night the whole gang met up in Maui - and at convention - I'd been a little cranky because I saw the beautiful Purple Foot label and each time I'd bellied up to the bar, visibly excited about having some of the Cabernet--and was met with the Merlot. In Maui (see above and below) I was mocked for my diva behavior. How dare they make fun of me for being so ridiculously opinionated and enthusiastic!
I didn't exactly drink the Merlot grudgingly... but I am still convinced that the Cab would have been better with the pate on pita, the fantastic goat cheese and grape tomato skewers, as well as with the delicious petite filets and the chocolate mousse.

When they said "sold out" they must have meant it.

No comments: