Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A Place for All Those Corks!

If you love wine, you have corks. Maybe you throw them away because you don't have anything to do with them. No plans to make a wine cork wreath, you crafty thing?

I've been known to throw them in that basket in my guest/wine bathroom. (I know, I know...the themed powder room is a weird feature of my main level.)
I also have this vase full of them in the living room.
I'd love to see pictures of what you do with your corks. Have you found anything fun to do with them? Are you able to dispose of them without guilt?

At wine tastings and parties, I end up surreptitiously tossing them in my bag to take home with me, because I don't want them thrown in the trash. I'm not really collecting, per se, I just don't feel comfortable tossing 'em.

So - I was THRILLED to run across some ideas (via Twitter) this morning.
The Wine Expedition site features some responsible destinations for those biodegradable and recyclable corks. Check it out.

No comments: